The Fran’s Freebies Add Ed printable activity set contains everything you need to teach mastery of adding -ed to words to form the simple past tense.
- 12 spelling change/ pronounciation change Add Ed cards
- 72 word cards in 3 sets (3 types of emphasis or levels of difficulty)
- 3 BONUS handouts — write the words made, sort by spelling change, sort by sound
This set teaches and practices:
- 3 spelling changes: y to i, silent e, and double consonants (carried, hoped, hopped)
- 3 sounds of “-ed”: -ed, -d and -t (wanted, stayed, barked)
This set also includes a cover sheet with mutliple ideas for printing and use.
If you have downloaded and used the Fran’s Freebies Add Ed suffix activities and games packet, please leave a little feedback below – thanks!