This 14-page free printable packet can be used as a complete topical unit study on the Earth’s atmosphere. Not only does it include worksheets for review and practice, but also a thorough introduction to the layers of the atmosphere and the composition of air, along with instructions for students to create a hands-on 2D diagram – in two different styles!
Sample pages from this packet — click to view larger:
Included in this printable Earth’s atmosphere worksheet packet are:
- full page diagram of the Earth’s atmopheric layers in black and white
- black and white text page explaining each layer of the atmosphere – including the ionosphere and the ozone layer
- black and white page with a pie chart, explaining air composition
- black and white blank atmospheric layers diagram for labeling
- Atmosphere Basics – review questions worksheet and answer key
- Layers and Gases of the Atmosphere – matching and search-a-word puzzle worksheet and answer key
- The Puzzling Atmosphere – crossword puzzle and answer key
- 4-page hands-on activity: Layers of the Atmosphere Diagram
- full page of instructions for both diagram styles
- blank page for diagram style #1
- items to cut and glue to make diagram style #1 – and as extras for style #2
- base diagram for labeling and embellishment (style #2)
Style #2 diagram only requires writing and coloring with a blue and a red pencil.
Style #1 diagram also requires a glue stick or other adhesive, plus colored paper or construction paper in 5 different colors.
If you have downloaded and used this free printable Earth’s atmosphere worksheet packet, please share this page with your friends and followers — or leave a little feedback below — thanks!