This little critical thinking activity set was fun to make, and is even more fun to use! Simply cut out loosely around the 29 puppies, and use for a variety of activities:
- use with any of the 22 category ideas on the included idea poster page to find all the puppies that are or that have…
- brown fur, grey fur, or white fur
- no spots, black spots, or brown spots
- short legs or long legs
- ears up or ears down
- eyes closed or eyes open
- sitting, standing, walking, running, jumping, or looking up
- facing right or facing left
- no collar, blue collar, or red collar
- encourage children to not only sort into groups, but count how many puppies are in each group
- use the puppies without the included idea page for more general critical thinking and fact/opinion discussions:
- which puppy is the tallest/smallest/silliest/most colorful?
- which puppy looks angry/sad/frightened/happy?
- which puppy looks just like this one, but is a different color?
- which are your favorite puppies?
This free printable Puppies for Sorting packet is only 4 pages, but includes:
- 29 different puppies
- idea poster page with 22 categories (listed above, in condensed form)
If you have used this Fran’s Freebies Puppies for Sorting free critical thinking preschool activity set, please leave a little feedback below – thanks!