The Fran’s Freebies Sentence Practice free printable activity set includes 2 sets of cards for elementary kids and English teachers:
Set One includes:
- 18 simple one or two-word subjects like “Children”, “The clock”, “A dog”
- 18 simple one word predicate (verb) like “play.”, “write.”, “buzzes.”, “barks.”
Set Two includes:
- 18 simple two- or three-word subjects like “The huge boxes”, “My friends”, “One of us”
- 18 simple two- to four-word predicates like “are empty.”, “ran past me.”, “are full of nuts.”
Ideas for use:
- Cut out one or both sets of cards and separate them into two piles – subject and predicate.
- Have participants draw one card from each pile on each turn and be the first to make five really good sentences.
- Give participants a select number of cards and see who can make the most different sentences with their own cards.
- Give participants a certain number of either subjects or predicates, and have them write the missing half of the sentence.
- Hold up one card and see who can come up with the most creative subject or predicate to complete the sentence.
- Choose two cards and ask how to change one or both of them to make a correct sentence (i.e., use the plural form of the verb, etc).
If you have used Fran’s Freebies Sentence Practice activity set, please leave a little feedback below – thanks!